Terms & Conditions
The company ‘LCJD Trading’ with Company Number No. 683652, EORI- IE3731346TH
VAT- 3731346TH and registered address at: Liosban Estate, Galway, Ireland (hereinafter ‘Fireboks’) operates a website which enables consumers for the online purchase of goods relating to Barbeque and outdoor related products (hereinafter ‘the Products’).
This Website is accessible to all Consumers at the URL www.Fireboks.ie
Consumers are informed and acknowledge that the Website is reserved for use within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 1980, that is any individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession.
Ensure to read these General Terms and Conditions before submitting an Order. By using the Services, you signify your agreement to be bound by these T&Cs.
Any use of the Website and the Services involves the prior express unreserved acceptance of the T&Cs by the User.
The User is informed that the T&Cs of the Website may be amended at any time unilaterally by Fireboks primarily in order to comply with any developments of its Services or any legal, judicial, editorial and/or technical developments.
The User is reminded that it is the User’s responsibility to consult the latest version of the T&Cs accessible on each page of the Website before all new Orders.
Access to the Website
The Website is accessible free of charge to any User at the address www.fireboks.ie. The User must have access to the internet.
The User is responsible for the software and equipment required for the Website Services to work and be used, or access to the internet. The User is solely responsible for the proper functioning of his or her IT equipment and his or her access to the internet.
Availability of the Website
Fireboks shall use its best commercial endeavours to ensure the availability of the Website. Fireboks does not guarantee that the Website works in every operating environment and that it is available all the time with no disruptions or errors, nor that all of the errors can be corrected. The availability of the Website is subject to a simple obligation of means.
As the Website is constantly developing, it is subject to one-off changes and/or temporary or permanent disruptions without notice, in particular for maintenance reasons. Fireboks shall not under any circumstances be liable in the case that the Website is unavailable due to these changes.
In this context, Fireboks reserves the right to interrupt, momentarily suspend or amend without notice access to all or part of the Website in order to ensure maintenance or for any other reasons without the disruption conferring a right to any obligation or compensation.
Privacy and Security
We use your information only for the following purposes: Processing your orders; For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you; To serve website content and advertisements to you; To administer this website If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You are responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any username, email verification and password that may be given to you or selected by you for use on the website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Fireboks staff immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding the website that comes to your attention.
Returns and Refunds
If you decide to cancel an order after the products have been packed or despatched and commenced their carriage to you, you will be responsible for the return carriage costs of those products. We advise you check the status of the order before you request cancellation.
If upon receipt of the goods you wish to return your purchase you must return it to us in its original packaging unopened within 14 days of the date you received the goods and we will issue a refund. Please ensure to contact us for the return delivery address. We will be unable to issue refunds for items we do not receive.
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 working days of receiving your purchase. The 14-day period begins the day after you receive the items from us. Please notify us in writing or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you receive the goods and no later than 14 working days from receiving them that you wish to cancel your order and that you intend to return the items. We will refund you accordingly provided we have been notified within the specified time frame as above.
If you are returning the goods because they were damaged when you received them, please include photo(s) of the damaged goods when notifying us.
If the returned item is used, damaged or missing any parts or is damaged during return shipping because it was not packaged correctly we may decide (at our discretion) depending on the circumstances to make a partial refund to account for the loss of the items value.
Refunds will be processed within 14 days from receipt of your withdrawal notification, subject to receiving the goods back in the original packaging which has been unopened and in an unused and resalable condition. If applicable, non-standard delivery charges will not be refunded (e.g. Saturday delivery).
Please note we reserve the right to cover our delivery charges for items cancelled after despatch and this will be deducted from the refund.
Where exchange rates of currency are involved, the Refund will be made in Euro at the current exchange rate. Fireboks does not accept responsibility for any loss or gain caused by changes in the exchange rate between the time of Ordering and the time of issuing the Refund.
Prices listed are in Euro (currency) and are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs (if applicable) will apply separately. Fireboks may change the advertised price of a Product at any time. The price you pay will be the price in force at the time of your order. The price on your order will be validated by the FIREBOKS as part of the acceptance procedure. Fireboks try to ensure prices displayed on the website are correct at all times. Should a pricing error arise, Fireboks will inform you if a product’s correct price is higher than that stated on your order and you may choose to either proceed with or cancel the order. Payment is usually by credit or debit card and is taken when the Order is placed in line with the price featured at the time of purchase and any applicable Delivery charges.
You undertake that all details you provide for the purpose of purchasing Products or services which may be offered on the website will be correct, that the credit or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any Products or services. Fireboks reserve the right to obtain validation and verification of the authenticity of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any Products or services. In the case of card payments, funds are taken at point of order.
All Products depicted on this website (as may be varied from time to time) are available almost everywhere in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, and by special arrangement to the UK, The EU and internationally. All Products are subject to availability. If the Product you order is unavailable, Fireboks may provide to you a substitute of an equivalent quality and price without notice (“Substitute Product). In the event that Fireboks are unable to supply the Product or any Substitute Product to you at all, Fireboks shall notify you as soon as possible and shall reimburse your payment in full. Fireboks reserve the right not to supply you at their discretion.
Terms of refunding the Buyer
Fireboks uses the same payment method as the one that the Buyer used when placing his or her Order to refund the Buyer, irrespective of the reason for refunding the Order.
The minimum delivery costs applicable to the Order of a Product are indicated at the point of ‘checkout’.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are also agreeing to accept additional Delivery charges should your eircode/area necessitate these. You are also agreeing to be bound by all terms and conditions that delivery companies which are associated with Fireboks abide by.
Receipt of the Products
The Buyer must check the condition of the Products upon receipt in order to be able to confirm their compliance with the Order.
Items arriving on a pallet will be delivered to the address kerbside or nearest door/access point if this is logistically possible and under the discretion of the delivery driver. Fireboks uses external delivery companies and therefore cannot expect (and is not the responsibility of) delivery personnel to assist with the moving and handling of your item into houses, doorways, outbuildings or garages etc. When ordering bulky items, please ensure you have the means to handle these items safely when delivery is received and that you are able to dispose of the packaging material appropriately. Delivery will be deemed as successfully made once the Product has arrived at the address specified. Signatures are usually required as proofs of delivery but confirmation procedures are ultimately decided by third party organisations. Products may be left at the Delivery address without the Recipient’s permission except where third party suppliers require signed confirmation or the Recipient has expressly requested Products not be delivered in their absence. Products will be deemed your responsibility once they have been received by you, your agent or the intended recipient. Any loss or damage to the Products shall then be at your own risk. Should Delivery be refused at the Delivery address, and re-requested for another date, Fireboks may charge for the second Delivery, since the Delivery obligations were met with the initial Delivery attempt. It is the Recipient’s responsibility to sign for the correct number of packages as shown on the carrier’s Delivery consignment note. Shortages must be noted on the consignment note where possible. You should notify the Fireboks of the shortages within 10 days of Delivery. If boxes look damaged on Delivery Fireboks recommend the contents are inspected before accepting and signing the Delivery note
Bbq’s and heated cooking accessories can reach extremely high temperatures when in use and for long periods after it has been used.
Children, vulnerable adults and pets should always be supervised by responsible adults in order to protect them from hot surfaces and protruding edges. Always take caution and assume that all surfaces are hot and never leave it unattended. We highly recommended that you wear protective gloves when handling the unit. Keep a safe distance from cooking equipment and fire pits (1.8m)
• Never leave a lit braai unattended or while sleeping.
• Never take a smouldering or lit braai into a tent, caravan or indoors.
• Even if you have finished cooking your braai should remain outside as it will still give off fumes for some hours after use.
• Always ensure the area where the braai is being used is well ventilated.
• Watch for the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. If you notice any of them, get the affected person out into the open air as quickly as possible and err on the safe side by getting medical attention for the patient as quickly as possible.
• Keep children and other people and pets well away when changing cylinders.
• Make sure the gas taps are turned off before changing the gas cylinder and always do it in an open, well-ventilated area.
• When you have finished cooking, turn off the gas at the cylinder before you turn off the braai controls – this uses up any gas in the pipeline, which is safer than having the pipe left full of gas under pressure.
• Always shut the propane cylinder valve off first to let all propane/natural gas clear from the lines.
• Make sure to shut off the gas valve on the barbecue once the flames have extinguished.
• Make sure the barbecue is on level ground, and away from windows and anything flammable.
• Open the lid before turning on the fuel.
• Make sure the gas valve on the barbecue is shut off.
• Open the valve on the propane tank fully.
• Light the match or depress the barbecue igniter when safe to do so.
• Turn on the gas valve on the barbecue.
• Make sure the color of the flames are blue with a small yellow tip.
Test Hoses for Leaks
• Make sure all control knobs are off.
• Insure the barbecue is situated in a well-ventilated area.
• Connect the gas supply to the barbecue and check for leaks.
o Slowly open the cylinder valve and apply a soap/water solution to all connections.
o Check for expanding bubbles, which indicate a leak.
• Repair all leaks before lighting the barbecue.
Check for Insect Nests and Spider Webs
• Fires can result from the venturi tubes under the burners becoming clogged with spider webs and insect nests.
• Use a flexible brush to clean out the metal tubes.
Replace Worn and Rusted Parts
• This will prevent leaks and help keep everyone safe while grilling.
Clean Everything Thoroughly
• Check inside the barbecue for any blockages and clean them out.
Charcoal braai safety
• If you are working with an open flame, make sure you have close to hand something to douse the fire if you need to… a bucket of sand, or a fire extinguisher.
• Use braai tools to safely work with the food without getting burnt – don’t use normal eating utensils to move food around on the grill. The longer the tools the better.
• Do not simply bury glowing coals in the soil. Make sure you thoroughly douse them with water first – and bear in mind that even though the surface of a lump of charcoal might make it appear to be ‘out’, it might still be hot enough in its interior to start glowing again. So douse with water until absolutely sure all the coals are dead. And then douse some more. A child or adult might step on sand that has been used to cover glowing coals and could be very seriously injured.
• Keep your braai and grill clean. Fat from cooking may cause a flare-up.
• Make sure the open flame is away from thatch or any other structure or item that may catch alight if the wind changed direction and blows glowing embers about.
• Never leave a fire unattended, especially if there are vulnerable adults, children or animals around.
• Smoke can be toxic, so make sure you are not breathing it in large amounts. It can be dangerous, particularly to children thanks to the smaller size.
• Take great care if you decide to speed things along with any accelerant or fire-starting liquid. There have been cases of severe injury – so stand well back, and keep children and other members of the party (and pets of course) well away.
• Use appropriate gloves when working with a BBQ unit
• Mobile, small and camping charcoal grills should not be used inside homes, vehicles, tents, or campers, even if ventilation is provided. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless; you will not be alerted to the danger until it is too late.
• Never use any flammable liquid other than barbecue starter fluid or recognised mainstream fire lighters to start a charcoal barbecue.
• Use starter fluid sparingly and never put it on an open flame.